Provide Life-Changing Enrichment Trips To Young Leaders in the iDESIGN Program
iDESIGN improves the academic attainment, engagement and graduation rates of chronically absent students through school-based counseling and enrichment services. The program targets students in five key service areas: counseling, peer mentorship, family involvement, attendance outreach, and academic support. iDESIGN promotes student success within and beyond high school by emphasizing the values of self-advocacy, participation, empathy, collaboration, and creativity throughout all elements of the program.
Due to limited funds, the majority of iDESIGN programming happens during the school day. Your donation to our IndieGoGo project will help us pay for two overnight community trips for 70 students, staff & peer mentors. The community trips will include:
- A campus visit to SUNY Binghamton University to see college life in action
- A one-night enrichment retreat at Camp Ramapo
The trips cost $120/student, which will cover:
- Bus travel to Rhinebeck, NY & SUNY Binghamton from New York City
- 3 Meals
- On campus programming at Camp Ramapo (ropes-course, trust-building games, hiking, canoeing)
We believe that these community trips will strengthen our impact by establishing a culture of support, peer belonging, and excitement about school among historically disengaged students. To reach that end, the target goals of these trips are to:
- Jumpstart the bonding process between mentors, mentees & counseling staff through team-building activities.
- Promote peer leadership through mentor facilitated activities & break-out groups.
- Build student skills around problem-solving, decision making, and communication.
- Peak student interest in the college experience and opportunities outside of NYC through a campus visit to SUNY Binghamton University to attend workshops facilitated by varied student of color organizations on campus.